Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to Wilbur E. Lucas Elementary and the 2015-2016 school year! I hope you enjoyed a restful summer.
Wilbur E. Lucas Elementary’s motto is, “Learners Today…..Leaders Tomorrow.” Our curriculum is data-driven and focuses on student achievement. We have high expectations for each student. We expect students to attend school regularly, put forth effort in class, and respect the rights of each individual in our school community. Additionally, we believe in the “Tiger Way” of being Respectful, being Dependable, being Prepared, being an Example, and having Pride. We have a highly qualified faculty to serve the academic needs of our students and a support staff who is here to help provide a safe and caring environment for each individual who is part of our school community.
The mission of Wilbur E. Lucas Elementary is “in partnership with students, parents, and the community, Wilbur E. Lucas Elementary will educate and encourage all students to reach their full potential and become successful contributors to society.
Additionally, Wilbur E. Lucas Elementary’s Belief Statement is that:
· All students, parents (guardians), school staff, and community must share responsibility and be engaged in the learning process for academic success.
· Positive parental attitudes and involvement improve student success and increase student interest, motivation, and achievement.
· Everyone associated with Wilbur E. Lucas Elementary and its programs will be treated with respect at all times.
· All students will be provided a safe, orderly, and positive learning environment.
· All Wilbur E. Lucas Elementary students can learn and achieve.
Thank you for visiting our web page. We look forward to seeing you on August 24th, our first day of school. GO TIGERS!
Dr. Rosemarie Gomez
Principal, Wilbur E. Lucas Elementary